Friday, October 23, 2009

Project #4 - Embroidered Space Towels

I have been working on these embroidered tea towels (patterns from Sublime Stitching) for a long time. That's not to say that they took a lot of work - they were just something I puttered with when i didn't have anything else to work on. Unfortunately, this means there is little consistency in the colour choices and stitch selection. But they're done!


This is the first one I finished, and the one I am the least pleased with. Not saying I don't like it, but but I think the black looks a little too heavy. I think it would have worked better if I'd only used two strands, rather than three.



I like the robot. He makes me happy.



This is the second sexy space lady, and I like her the best. Still not totally happy with the skin thread colour - a little too orangey for my liking - but overall I am quite pleased. I like her purple outfit. I want her purple outfit.



This is the three of them together on my kitchen stove.

Done! Taking them off the Project Jar list!

No comments:

Post a Comment