I've noticed that my once beautiful white duvet now has a slightly-less-beautiful dinginess to it. This bothered me for quite sometime before I finally decided to do something about it. I thought about washing it - but the thing is HUGE, or at least it seems huge from a washing machine practicality perspective. So I've decided to make a cover for it - which is more work in the short term but less work in the long term, because the cover will be so much easier to wash.
I already had a large stack of appropriately gorgeous material that I'd acquired while still in Toronto:
I just needed a pattern. The first one I found that I liked was from (actually, now I can't find the link - it appears to have disappeared. Curious). It seemed straightforward, and easily adapted to the fabric I wanted to use. I would have to come up with another fastening solution, as I am clueless about buttonholes. I thought I was up to the challenge.
And then I saw this one. I really like the varied fabric sizes they've used, and it's got a tie closure. Unfortunately, I had already cut most of my fabric for the first option, and didn't have enough to start over again (nor did i really want to). So, I'm going with the first design, and have the first five rows of patchwork done: