Monday, August 22, 2011

Show & Tell : Dapper Flapper

I actually finished this little lady quite some time ago, and just haven't gotten around to posting anything (please see I Suck at Blogging). She's from a great set of Sew Lovely patterns I got awhile ago.


She was great fun to bring to life, and I got to play with a good range of different stitches - predominantly split, back and satin stitches with some french knots thrown in for fun. I'm pleased with most of the colour choices, which is unusual for me (I'll pick it apart a little in a future post, don't you worry). I stitched the pattern onto a scrap of white fabric that I had kicking around after a previous embroidery project, and am at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it. 


So here's a question for you, Internet : It seems like a shame to dress this gal up just to leave her in my abandoned projects pile (especially since it's getting alarmingly large). I know I'm not the only one that stitches on every little scrap she can find. What do you do with these beautified scrappy bits? Frame them? Incorporate them into other projects? Let them pile up beside your couch as you move onto the next one *ahem*?

No comments:

Post a Comment